Make the right move...
As a homeowner your home is likely to be your most personal and valuable asset so when you consider selling it can be daunting and confusing in what to expect, who to trust as well as where to start. Selling can be a stressful experience. But it doesn’t have to be. This is where this brief overview guide comes in to help.
The Selling Process in a nutshell...
- A Realistic Valuation
Pricing your property attractively and accurately to attract as many buyers as possible.
- Choosing an Estate Agent
Don’t just choose the cheapest agent or the highest “valuation” – what do you get and what’s their plan?
- Preparation & Legalities
For example, prepare your home for marketing, think about a solicitor and order your EPC.
- Advertising & Marketing
It is important to understand exactly what your agent will do to attract potential buyers and offers.
- Viewings & Feedback
Arranged viewings will be accompanied if possible. Feedback and reaction is given within 48 hours
- Handling Offers
It’s prudent to discuss how your agent will handle offers and a figure you would consider. It’s about positioning.
- Sales Progression
After an offer is acceptable we can help progress your sale by effectively communicating with all parties.
- Exchange of Contracts
This commits you to the sale and the buyer to the purchase.
Congratulations! Completion of the sale takes place. Release of the keys to the buyer upon confirmation from your solicitor.
At Black Horse Property we care. We take great pride in contacting you and the buyer to make sure you are enjoying your forward move and your experience with Black Horse Property.
Wanting to learn more information on the selling process? Visit the Knowledge Room.
Selling at a glance...
- Selling requires motivation and commitment, especially in the current market.
- It is not a great market to sell in but properties are selling and activity is there, albeit low.
- We’re no strangers to the Bradford & Shipley district when in comes to the property market.
- A strong reputation for results, success, personal service and professionalism for over 12 years and counting.
- The key to selling in this market is generating activity and creating a sense of urgency.
- In June 2012 we have over 20% of stock sold subject to contract which is good level of performance in this market.
- A sold sign can be achieved by positioning your home as a “bargain” compared to others available.
- Homeowners nationally have reduced their asking prices in a bid to sell quicker.
- An estate agent is there to help you achieve as much money as possible for what is likely to be your most personal and valuable asset.
- However, some agents will overprice your home and provide a “valuation” which is an ambitious and an unrealistic marketing price just to gain your instructions. This is not a “valuation”.
- A great estate agent will be able to guide your through the entire process and make a justifiable action plan tailor made for you.
Heard enough? Book your FREE no obligation Market Appraisal & Proposal Meeting to discuss pricing recommendations and provide a property assessment. Click here.
Some Hints & Tips from the helpful & proactive property experts...
You can help increase your chances of selling in the Bradford and Shipley district by presenting your home to make the best first impression to maximise the saleability and marketability of your property.
Here are some generic ideas for your consideration to make your home look its best when selling.
- First impressions count so make sure your property has kerb appeal.
- What do people see first – is the front garden neat and tidy?
- Is it the best of first impressions?
- Make sure the property is thoroughly clean and well-presented throughout. The trick is making it look like a lived in show home. Neutral colours throughout can help.
- Declutter and take care of unwanted odours like smoke and pet smells – not everyone’s cup of tea.
- Fix any minor maintenance problems and address any major problems.
- For vacant properties, it can be difficult for prospective purchasers to visualise how to use the space. It may be worthwhile hiring some furniture to show the property off.
- Small problems can add up to put potential buyers off.
Your agent should be able to give you more specific pointers that should help the saleability of your property.
Visit our Knowledge Room to find out more about selling and / or download our Selling Guide.
Hello. We are Black Horse Property of Bradford & Shipley.
Black Horse Property is a general practice firm of property agents who are committed to being outstanding in all we do every single day. We provide a full range of property services including property sales, property management, lettings, maintenance and energy performance certificates (EPC’s). We’re here to help with all your property matters. So, whatever your needs, look no further.
Find out more about us today >>